The manorial castle of Oeding gradually developed from a former fortified farm dating back to the 14th century. This U-shaped complex surrounded by water formed the centre of the village of Oeding for centuries. After the glorious times of the Oeding lords, the castle fell into a "slumber" in 1839 and passed into the possession of the Pass family in 1859. The Pass family "woke up" the castle in 1979 by integrating the old keep with the former dungeon into a new, modern hotel building. Since then, the castle has been hospitable and sociable. The castle tower is still the town's landmark today. The castle hotel is a perfect starting point for walks, hikes and bicycle rides through the park landscape of West Münsterland and along the old smugglers' trails along the Dutch border.
Tour of the historic round vault and possibly the possibility to visit some of the tower rooms.