Education - advice - service: for the Chamber of Skilled Crafts Münster this is a mission that obliges.
As a self-governing institution of the skilled crafts in the form of a public corporation, the Chamber of Skilled Crafts Münster is committed to the interests of the skilled crafts. It also sees itself as a service centre for its members, the skilled crafts enterprises and their employees and apprentices in the chamber district of Münster.
The Chamber performs a variety of tasks which are laid down in § 91 of the Crafts Code.
- promoting the interests of the skilled crafts sector
- supporting the authorities in promoting the skilled crafts through suggestions, proposals, expert opinions and reports
- keeping the register of skilled crafts
- keeping the register of apprentices
- regulating vocational training and monitoring its implementation
- the enactment of regulations governing journeymen, further training and master craftsmen's examinations
- the establishment of journeymen's, further training and master craftsmen's examination committees
- promoting further technical and business training for master craftsmen and journeymen in order to maintain and increase the efficiency of the craft sector
- the appointment and swearing-in of experts
- the promotion of the economic interests of the skilled crafts sector
- the promotion of design in the crafts
- the establishment of mediation offices for the settlement of disputes between craftsmen and customers