Originally built as a medieval moated castle on just one island with a moat, Haus Dieck is one of the oldest estates in the tranquil gold town of Westkirchen. The complex in Ennigerloh is surrounded by meadows and fields and is located away from the roads by a small stream. Visitors have a view of the well-kept gatehouse in half-timbered style.
Haus Dieck was first mentioned in 1276 and 1300 as the main farm of the Lords of Dyke, who gave it its name. It was not until 1451 that it was first mentioned as a castle. In the centuries that followed, the castle changed feudal lords several times before coming into the possession of the von Hanxleden family in 1732. At this time, the greatest renovations and extensions took place in the form of the construction of the impressive manor house and the gatehouse. A few changes of ownership later, the listed professional building with its extensive gardens is still privately owned.