A picnic in Münsterland is also worthwhile in the cold season. Whether it's a cosy snack in front of the fireplace or steaming delicacies in the freezing cold: if you dare to go on a picnic in winter, you will experience moments that are as unusual as they are beautiful.
Take advantage of the winter for a nice winter walk including picnic time. We have a typical Münsterland picnic recipe for you - regional, healthy and delicious. With the packing list and inspiration on where to go for a lovely walk in Münsterland, there's nothing standing in the way of a winter picnic. Let's go!
Our Münsterland green coal stew is ideal for warming up during a winter hike. It's quick to prepare and stays nice and warm in a thermos flask. Simply convert a classic thermos flask, pack bowls and cutlery, and you're done!
The preparation (takes about 30 minutes):
1. Drain the white beans, draining off the water.
2. Peel the onion and garlic and cut into small cubes.
3. Peel the potatoes and also dice them.
4. Wash the rest of the vegetables and also cut into small cubes.
5. Wash the kale, remove the stalk and then pluck into small pieces.
6. Now heat the butter in a large pot and add the onion and garlic. Sweat for 4 minutes.
7. Then add the carrots, white beans, potatoes and celery and sauté gently for 5 minutes.
Now set aside about 1/3 of the vegetables for later.
8. Now pour in the vegetable stock and add half of the kale, simmer for 20 minutes.
9. Then purée the stew. If it is too thick, you can add a little more stock, otherwise add water.
Now add the vegetables and season with salt, pepper and vinegar.
10. Garnish with the remaining kale and enjoy the stew!