In the midst of Telgte's greenest surroundings lies the former knight's estate Haus Langen. Surrounded by a large historical ring wall with a double, in some cases even triple moat and a double mill along the Bever, the entire estate is a graceful reminder of times gone by. Due to the romantic setting, the private house Langen is still a popular motif for painters, draughtsmen and photographers.
The fortress is estimated to have been built in the year 1000 AD. During this time, the building served as a refuge for the surrounding farming communities. From general ownership, the site passed to the eponymous Knights of Langen, who built a castle in the Ringgräfte and also erected the grist mill. In 1378 Haus Langen passed by marriage to the Lords of Letmathe, who resided there for over 300 years. Of the original castle complex, only the gatehouse and a brick gabled house with embrasures still exist today, as well as the water mill, which was still in operation until 1960.
There is only visual contact with the building.
Spread the word! #münsterland #thegoodlife