The true art of the complex is revealed to those who are allowed to see the façade of the garden side. For this was of greater importance to the client, the prince-bishop chancellor Christoph Bernhard Engelbert Schücking. The façade forms a design point of reference to the greenery and thus integrates itself particularly stylishly into the park belonging to the house. The house was built in 1754 as the country residence of the chancellor who gave it its name. The south wing, which stands out with its tower-like pyramid roof, was added in 1882. For some years now, the Schücking family has been very successful in their efforts to professionally restore the architectural monument. The German Foundation for Monument Protection supports this project.
Haus Schücking ist bewohnt und kann nur von der Straße auch bewundert werden.