As a structural relic of a former moated castle, Haus Bisping is both romantic and strikingly rustic in the midst of the green landscape around Drensteinfurt. With its ashlar, black and white half-timbering, red brick and yellow sandstone, the building, which is only preserved in a few parts, blends harmoniously into the image of the typical Münsterland park landscape.
The first documented mention of the Bisping house dates back to 1364. The former gateway has been walled up and fitted with a window, but is still clearly visible. On the oriel above it is the date 1681 together with two coats of arms - one of the Droste family and one of the von Galen family. The latter has owned the site since the 16th century. The family inhabits and keeps the complex, whose two-storey gatehouse can be visited from the outside. The arrangement of the building reveals that the gatehouse was once completely surrounded by moats.
Haus Bisping befindet sich in Privatbesitz und kann nur von der Straße aus besichtigt werden.