Kakesbeck Castle is the oldest of three surviving moated castles in Lüdinghausen. It is located five kilometres north of the town centre in the Bechtrup district on the River Stever. The foundation stone of the present castle was probably laid at the beginning of the 14th century. Its owners then had the estate gradually extended. Of the von Oer family of owners, the knight Lambert is particularly well known. Under the von Oer family, the manor house was fundamentally remodelled from 1601 onwards using old foundations and extended to the east. In 1684, the moated castle passed into the possession of the von der Recke zu Reck family by marriage, before the Drosten zu Vischering acquired the castle in 1738, together with 80 farmsteads. After the castle became the property of the Bolte family in the middle of the 20th century, it was owned for several decades by Wilfried Grewing, who finally transferred it to a foundation. Like Wilfried Grewing before him, the foundation is currently taking care of the renovation of the castle, which should result in an opening to the general public.
Guided tours of the construction site by the chairman of the foundation, the architect Bernd Sparenberg .
The event is unfortunately already sold out!